Dr. Richard Karulf, a colorectal surgeon who was my attending and program director in the Wilford Hall Surgical Training program in the Air Force had a funny moment in surgery one day when he told us that he refers to the bowel and intestines as the Jewel.
In that frame of thought, I later decided that as my surgical interests were in Vascular Surgery, I would refer to the vasculature as the Crimson.
In that light, tonight, I examined the other surgical specialties and related science and decided upon the following more experiences for surgeons to find their "ropes" in the blind.
The Urologist can refer to the bladder as the Mission.
The Anesthesiologist can refer to the vocal cords as the Message.
The cardiothoracic surgeon can refer to the heart as the Jade.
The Obstetrician can refer to the Uterus as the glock.
The Pathologist can refer to his slides as the Barbie.
The endocrine surgeon can refer to the adrenals as the Number.
The plastic surgeon can refer to the nose as the Burning Bush.
The podiatrist can refer to the foot as the Bar Room.
The Pediatric Surgeon can refer to the trachea as the Picnic Table.
The Orthopedic surgeon can refer to the Shoulder as the Cape.
The Spinal Surgeon can refer to the spine as the Sardine.
And the thoracic surgeon can refer to the lungs as the Bank.
Of course, we can add the transplant surgeon and the trauma surgeon. I think that they would refer to the pancreas as very scary. I do not think it goes further than than.
Free
3 weeks ago

Neurosurgery has my permission to refer to the brain as the silver. But it might be esoteric!
ReplyDeleteThe Renal transplant surgeon could probably refer to the kidneys as the Garden. The idea of Adam and Eve would be impossible without them.
ReplyDeleteTwo more.
ReplyDeleteThe Radiologist can refer to his films as the Donation.
The ENT Surgeon can refer to the Neck as the Coach.
In the sense that Trauma Surgery must be honored, I would think that that Traumatologist would refer to his Operating Table as the Caboose Light.
In the sense to honor the Transplant Surgeon, he can refer to the donor body as the Waiter.
In the fitness of not including internal medicine in a surgical experience, I would only think that they can refer to their pickle as their pickle.
Pediatrics is more respecrable. They do not need to worry about the pickle but the pen.
Internists really get to eat in easy company.
Thats all for now.
The ophthalmologist can indeed call the Cornea the Charity. Its the same sense.
ReplyDelete