Friday, April 17, 2015

Calling for new Hope- Pathology and Laboratory Medicine

I may be investing more in the future now in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.

I am interested because I was younger and thought at one time it was a considerable career field.  I did a pathology "fellowship" in medical school between my 2nd and 3rd year clinical rotations in which I did 8 weeks in a Pathology department as a "student fellow".  I worked with a number of pathologists and pathology residents.

I might think that this is a career I could have indeed chosen from the beginning, however due to the involvement in clinical rotations I soon did not think it was the explored career field for my interests in the future.

I am now looking into perhaps considering a year of research. If that is successful, I would like to consider that at now 42 and then perhaps 43, I could pursue a residency opportunity in Pathology.

I do not think that my interests in surgery and slightly in Anesthesiology would deter an interest in Pathology and clearly the medical experienced yields a greater physician.

Overall, I think that my interests are indeed considerable in pathology, though I am at the infancy of any possible career today.

I did find that my feelings were such that In the Last Year of self-study, I found that both pathology and surgery journals were such that I found my clinical and career related interests in the reading.

Funny in that when I studied other specialties in the journals, I did not find it was applicable to my own interests. This includes Anesthesiology which I had thought I was going to commit time and resource to becoming an anesthesiologist.

Overall, I do not think that it is an "all-over the place" approach to medicine.

If I am in good shape that this may be a career that goes to my future and finds my needs, I may find that Pathology is indeed the trust in G-d and favorable experience I wish to change my career to pursue.

Pathology means the study of suffering.

Clearly a Jewish physician would be good at such a malady of inner prayer.

I did indeed investigate some of the reading today and it is interesting.  I can very well see myself growing and pursuing more reading in pathology in this year and if that is the case, am I to grow and enter this field?

If this was indeed the career of choice from the beginning, I have made almost 20 years of limited insight into my career, but it was hopefully well-worth the experience and I might think that tomorrow has more to do than the past.

To grow as a pathologist, one must be insightful, well read and well attuned to improvements in knowledge and reading of the needs of the patient care experience and the trusts from G-d and patient whom one comes to limit his scope of expertise.

I found that pathology was a very interesting subspecialty and For some reason, in all my travels, I have always taken note of who was going into pathology and what they appeared to impress upon me.

I might think that my physical and mental health have more to offer and I can indeed grow in a career field.

I do think that this is a very important time in my life is this is a possibility.

I have Robbins Pathologic Basis of Disease and I would like to get Rubin.  I think that might be my birthday gift this year.

To become a physician, one must listen to his medical advisors.  I do think in retrospect that I knew many had indeed advised me of pathology.

I was probably limited in my own breadth of learning and considered surgery to be such a formidable specialty that my needs were focused on what I saw as my mechanical advantage in surgery.   I thought that Vascular Surgery was the finest field and it seemed a challenge to acquire the experience.

In turn, Neoucom where I went to Medical School at the time told of our values to "accept the challenge".  This seemed a smart value.

But if the challenge is to grow over your years, apply your needs and investigate your possibilities, this is a time that is a turning point in my blessings of being a physician.

I am going to study more and see where these days lead in my values and occupational experience.

At this time, I am involves with the local Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation.  I am about to go for a change in experiences where I will be assessed my marketable skills by a Skill Management Service and Occupational Department of the Local State Rehabilitation Program.

I do not have any direct interests outside of medicine right now.  I have been reading the Wall Street Journal over the past 3 years and finding it to be very interesting and well worth the invested mind and experience.

But in all, if I can find a pathology career, I can salvage a 20 years wrong career if that is possible.

Trust in G-d.  That is the way of a Jew and an American.

I think that tomorrow has more to offer.  I am concerned about my father and mother who are in the beginning later years, though both G-d willing are continuing good health and wellness in their 70's almost for my mother and mid 70s for my father.

Standing up in a new day here I can think perhaps.

It is not an all-over the place career if I can find that I might have at least 20 more years to practice and perhaps another 10 or more in later years.

Is this a good career choice?  I can think that time and energy will tell.

I hope that with a sleep regulation disorder, this might still be possible. Certainly I surmise that the issues I had in Surgery with limited sleep and a needed sleep experience curve I would be able to get the necessary 5-7 hours of daily sleep.  I know that in surgery even 1 hour on some nights was all I was able to find worked.

So therefore, let me begin this new 2015 year with hopes for good possibilities.

Trust is good. A friend in my time has offered me the advice that one should find his own values in his day as he finds his work in his years.  If that is a good function for tomorrow, I may be going well into the future.

The only conditions of employment that are difficult are the licensing which may be a consideration.

So in that regard, I am not ready to look into a career overall, but I do think that learning and study can have rewards.

That is about all I am looking at this new day in April 2015.

I hope that I can survive a limited budget and many experiences that I did not attain over my years.

I am a physician and my needs are always growing.

It is not possible to find good hope in a bad year, but if you can find Trust in G-d, one would indeed be able to learn if G-d is a supportive restored favor for a doctor in a practice to pursue in his future experiences.

There is hope.

But I am younger than tomorrows Dr. Brenner and I am going to have to make sure that I can find my needs in my time.

So tomorrow is coming.  I can hope that the BVR can be a guidance of sorts.

The medical school recommended that they were a possible service and I did pursue that addition to my need.

So far, I have met 3 times with a BVR representative and the dialogue has been haphazard towards any career satisfaction.

Overall, being on disability, I have options to pursue conditional employment for a smaller asset of limited income and keep my current benefits. It is not enough to plan a full future, but I hope that with assistance - There is more to involve myself in in the future.

Outcomes can be improvement.

I am still smoking cigars. I tried to quit in December, but it was not possible and I find that they are very enjoyable and help my mental reasoning and feelings of experiences in friendship and interests in my time and blessing.

There may clearly be issues with a nicotine eager student in a career field that shuns any cigars or nicotine products.  I know that the local hospitals have rules against the use of nicotine products and one is not able to seek employment.

Lets go to the future.

Torah is the purpose of a jewish life.

I can think that my Torah studies can indeed continue in any condition of a new role in medicine or life at this time.

That is my focus right now.  I have much to look at and Shabbas is about to arrive.

I hope that tomorrow I have more clarity and direction.

It will be the challenge of human dreams to find a new career at the age of 42, but I think that hopefully Hashem is directing my in the pathways of my journey in Torah and living well as a physician.

That is all I can add today.

Blessings are very needed.

G-d bless America.

I am interested in Pathology and hope it might be a good choice.

Trust in G-d.  This is new to me.

Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment