Sadly, there are many combinations of horrible illness and surgical attrition that can not be healed or solved by even the most skilled of hands and fingers. It would be a great thing if a surgeon could just shine a light on the patient and everything would be better but there are too many variables, too many risks, too many realities and all too many issues for true satisfaction of the operation.
So though I am not in a surgical practice today, I emphasize with all of the good surgeons in the practice of General Surgery and all of the surgical subspecialties. It is not an easy experience to know you are just satisfactory; or maybe its a blessing you have awaited for your day since it means you were capable and did a good enough job to make something that was just not right a little better.
Either you like surgeons or hate them, but I would say that they are the most careful element of all medical care if they are the better worry of their own career. And they are special in every insight and judgment when you realize that these are usually the cream of the cream of the cream of the cream. And I would be happy to know any of them for their own discretion.
Free
3 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment