My career has taken a new turn.
I have over the past few years become a writer and a blogger and of course a twitterer also now.
I really have no idea if anyone will be reading anything I write many years from now. Some of the comments on one of my blog are for current events, so lets hope it either is a historical account or possibly a way to shape the future (sirhenryschimney.blogspot.com).
Either way, I am glad for my new day today.
I was once the young medical school graduate with ideas of becoming a vascular surgeon.
That did not go to the future as I had hoped.
But I guess today, I feel I am operating on the vasculature of the human race in terms of the interests and the topics I have persued over the past few years on all of the blogs I have been writing.
To date, there are now 15.
I am glad that this is how I am living. Writing is a great commitment and endeavor. I used to love to read Vonnegut, Stephen King and many others as a child. Alan Paton. Wuthering Heights. All the books of my youth.
So now that I am older, I am glad I get to "give back". To write. To enjoy the fruit of years of experiences, personal insights, inspirations as well as expressions of trust, pain and suffering, ignorance being turned to lighted ways as well as honor and dignity and friendships.
This to me is more of what life is about than a whole life perhaps only lived in the hospital.
So that is me today. A blogger. A writer.
I am proud to say that my twitter account that is located at @jewishphysician has now over 10,000 tweets entered.
I have as of lately this current 2012 calendar year found that I can arrive at a truth of some of the experiences in my life and express it in a form of a "Saying" on twitter. So I think I was around 2000 twitters or so in January and now I am well past 10,000.
I have no idea if many people if any are reading any of what I write there. To date I have about 700 people or so following my account.
I have been almost spam twittering as of lately though the pace has slowed significantly when I am at this day where I write this comment.
I felt that I spammed it so much that people were being flooded by sayings on an hourly basis at one point. It got so bad that I probably lost a few people who did not wish to see 50 or more "Craig Brenner" Messages in their twitter in box. Fortuantely or unfortunately (if noone is even reading them) I have still 700 today.
Either way, I was hoping that perhaps someday or somewhere, someone will dig up all of these sayings and see what merit that they have. Start in January of 2012 if you want. It probably gets best in the May time frame to July.
I am not sure they can go back and find old twitters. Surely it is all saved on twitter, but I have only been able to twitter back some 1000 or so twitters before the computer either lags too much or the computer says it will not go further.
I twittered so much that I got to the twitter limit. They actually only let you do 1000 a day or so and then hourly that may be no more than 100 or so.
So heres to twitter.
Let it be.
Free
3 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment