Dear Interested Parties:
As a physician with a mental health disability, I look at some extent for some councillatory literature to help me understand my own personal situation and cope with the horrible stigma of mental illness and health concerns. I have happened across 2 books by one particular author that I felt might be of interst to readers.
The author is Stephen Hinshaw, Ph.D.
One is The Mark of Shame:
http://www.amazon.com/Mark-Shame-Stigma-Illness-ebook/dp/B000TTQWR2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1298382430&sr=8-2
Another is Breaking the Silence, Professionals disclose their experiences
http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Silence-Professionals-Disclose-Experiences/dp/0195320263/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1298382488&sr=1-4
in this book Dr. Hinshaw discusses other mental health professionals experiences with illness in their lives.
Dr. Hinshaw has a few other books I believe, including one particular book which I believe to be his first about his fathers experience with bipolar illness. Please check this out if interested.
http://www.amazon.com/Years-Silence-Are-Past-Disorder/dp/0521817803/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_2
I have not yet finished the first of these 2 books and it will be some time before I do, its not my primary focus these days. That said they are very academic and may in fact be of interest to any persons with mental illness or a family member. Thanks!
Free
3 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment